MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

PCE.INI ---> frame delay = refresh rate ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike_j_johnson
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject: PCE.INI ---> frame delay = refresh rate ? Reply with quote

In the PCE.INI, is frame delay the same as refresh rate? If so, how do I set the refresh rate to 85Hz?

Also, can someone post the PCE.INI config for the very BEST possible quality and picture for games?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: PCE.INI ---> frame delay = refresh rate ? Reply with quote

mike_j_johnson wrote:
In the PCE.INI, is frame delay the same as refresh rate?

No, not really, it's the refresh rate of the PC-Engine video processor, not of your monitor. Actually there's no way to select the monitor refresh rate, MagicEngine just uses the default refresh rate set by Windows.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PCE.INI ---> frame delay = refresh rate ? Reply with quote

mike_j_johnson wrote:
Also, can someone post the PCE.INI config for the very BEST possible quality and picture for games?

I suggest everyone to set gamma to 0 and play with brightness instead (1 or 2 should be enough, provided that blacks remain black). That way, colors are more vibrant and more faithful to the 'original' RGB ones.

If you like Stretch Mode, use 1280x1024 with bilinear filtering on.

If you prefer TV Mode, use scanlines 25% with interpolation on. Custom resolutions are a must too, but I didn't work on my tutorial yet. (Yeah, I'm a lazy dog.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: