MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

vasteel..does it work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: vasteel..does it work? Reply with quote

i just tried playing vasteel ,and it brings up the cd player.it does this after it slowly goes from the boot screen............i mean reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow.thanks alot!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vasteel works flawlessly for me ( using an original ), not a single problem. Can you :

1: Give us your pc's specs, os & hardware ( vid card, cd-rom ect ).

2: Tell us if you're using an original disc or an iso/mp3 from 'da net'.

3: Are you experiencing other problems comcerning pce cd's? if so, wich ones? are the cd's originals or 'backups'?

So, if I understood correctly, you push run & then the game hangs. After a while you're taken to the cd player? If so, what then?

Great game btw Wink .
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: magic engine won't play any games now!!!! Reply with quote

it is doing with all the games now,and i can't figure it out!!!!it was working a few days ago!i am using windows xp pro,on a hewlett packard pavillion running at 500 mhz,with 256 mb of ram,and a brand new yamaha crw 44x24x44,with magic engine 0.98.i use the sys card 3.0,i push run,and the cd doesn't start spinning to access the data like it used to,it sits there for 10 to 15 seconds,then goes black for 4 seconds,then the cd player screen pops up,and by then i just hit escape,and then quit to try again.but still get the same results.i have used a cd cleaner,and that didn't work(as i smoke,and haven't cleaned it since a while ago),and that didn't work either.i have three burning programs on my pc.i have nero(newest version),fireburner(newest version),and cdrwin 5.0.the same thing happened to my duo from playing these burned games.and i have tried using originals as well,and still get no action.i use both iso+mp3,and rar format for burning(whichever ones i can get)and as far as i know i am burning the games right,as they have all worked.as far as my video card it is an intel 82810 graphics controller.the one that came with the pc.the same exact thing has happened to my duo,and now this.is this some kind of security that the pc engine/turbo grafx had to know if games were original or not,and would lock up if they weren't originals.if so,how do i take care of this?i can't play my duo,and i thought i was safe with the emulator.is there something i can do to fix this.maybe something in my registry that the emulator sent there to screw up my emulator,and how about my duo?please help me as this is frustrating!!!!i love my turbo!!!!!!!reply asap please.also....i love your emulator!!!!!another.........the roms games work fine,just the cd part that is not working.thanks for you help buddy!ttyl.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: never mind figured it out. Reply with quote

i talked to sef1roth from rigg,and he told me to check my pce.ini file and make sure that it was pointed at the right drive,lo and behold it wasn't.but i still can't figure out why it changed on its own.it worked fine when i installed my new cdrw,and that was a month ago,this just happened two days ago.oh well now i know if it ever happens again.thanks anyhow for your time and help.love this emulator!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm.... I see you're running Windowz XP. When changing cd-roms, I know that XP don't place the 'master/slave' primary or secondary cd-rom after the disk drives. XP just places the last IDE component installed at the end of the 'letter chain'. So, after a fresh install, your cd-rom was ( for example D: ).Now that you've changed it it for a new one XP detects a new component & places it at the end of the 'chain'. So it can now be F: or whatever the number of IDE,SCSI, floppy ect...

So, in your PCE.INI file, make sure that :

; CD-ROM drive letter
; --
; (Windows 2000/XP only)
;
; D:
; E:
; ...
;

drive_letter=

- Corresponds to the new letter. Update to the latest beta, allways use the latest beta. Also check your ASPI layer as you can never be too sure...

That's about it Wink ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: