MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Gamepad problem and workaround

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrJones
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Gamepad problem and workaround Reply with quote

Hi! I just downloaded the shareware versions of these emulators, and have found a little problem with my PSX/usb gamepad. It happens in both PCE.EXE and PCEX.EXE and you don't need to load any game to find if you are affected. Just open the main menu and go to "CONFIG -> GUI" and test if the cursor automatically moves to the bottom-right corner.

The bug is not due to callibration, because when I first configured the pad it worked fine, it was when I quitted the emulator and opened it again that the problem started.

The workaround for me was to open the main menu and go to "CONFIG -> GAMEPAD", and for the 4 buttons X, Y, Z and rotation Z (the ones that only show as options UP/DOWN, LEFT/RIGHT, and NONE) I chose NONE. Then I quitted the emulator, opened it again, and restored the right values of X,Y,Z and rotation Z. The gamepad will work fine again until the next time I close the emulator.

I leave the post here just in case it's useful to anyone with the same problem. Thank you!
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that some PSX to USB adapters require you to push the analog button of your gamepad for it to be correctly recognized in games, emulators, etc. That's the case with the SmartJoy Deluxe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: