MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Startling Odyssey 2 English Translation beta-alpha UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsuryase wrote:
Trying to get the Helios Sword, I got 4 out 5 items, the last one Orihalcon of the Legends, where is it?

Check your PMs... I didnt want to include any spoilers here...
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tru wrote:
btw NW... did you try out my patch yet? Kind of curious as to what you think of it...

Hey Tru, sorry for the late reply. I've been offline for months at a time, only stopping by for quick visits. Been extremely busy, got lots of shit to take care of still, don't need lost time to screwing around on the Internet, etc.

Anyway, sorry, no, I didn't try it out. I don't have the time and the truth is, I'm not much of a game player anymore. Sure, I've enjoyed the programming challenges of reverse engineering Ys videogames over the years, and I've played through them at least, but that's about it... I did force myself through Xak III a few times there cause of that patch of course. But yeah, you get the idea... I do still like that there's an ongoing effort to fan translate games of yesteryear, but it's pretty unlikely I'll play any of that output... Might make an exception for Dave Shadoff's Cosmic Fantasy 1 possibly. Possibly... [ He'll get mad at me if I don't I imagine... ;-) ]

P.S.

Off topic, you might've heard the news that a company called XSEED will be bringing "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" to the US for the PSP. It's true! Well, you might've also heard that they'll be using the translation from the PC patch DeuceBag and I produced... Believe it or not, that is also true!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212064
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/21/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-uses-fan-translation-as-a-base/

Pretty fucking awesome, huh? There isn't much left to accomplish for me when it comes to fan translations. I've seen it all!

--

OF COURSE, on the other hand, what you didn't hear, what I kept quiet about, was that Thomas Lipschultz was the employee responsible for this all, (the translator of the Ys Typing Tutor and the manual images for Felghana) and because he's a vindictive criminal, he decided to cheat me out of any credit or compensation. Since I gave unprotected translation software to DeuceBag, he was able to sneak into the Microsoft databases that power the software and export the translated results to MS Excel format, all without my knowledge and to my total exclusion, so he got 100% of the credit, 100% of the profit, and was never seen or heard from again. Has been playing stupid with me ever since, etc... Programmer/translator fan translation teams beware... Protect your work, make clear agreements from the start and watch your back, etc... you never know when the other person might decide to put a knife in it when you're not looking...

Last edited by NightWolve on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope there will be some sort of kickback on your behalf for that Nightwolve.
Validus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone else get sound glitches? Especially after a battle is over?

Is my image corrupt? WTF
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:
Off topic, you might've heard the news that a company called XSEED will be bringing "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" to the US for the PSP. It's true! Well, you might've also heard that they'll be using the translation from the PC patch Deuce and I produced... Believe it or not, that is also true!

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/21/ys-the-oath-in-felghana-uses-fan-translation-as-a-base/

Pretty fucking awesome, huh? There isn't much left to accomplish for me when it comes to fan translations. I've seen it all!

That is truely awesome! It is even better that they are using the translation you and Duece made! Just goes to show that it is that damn good!

Validus wrote:
does anyone else get sound glitches? Especially after a battle is over?

Is my image corrupt? WTF

This is the first I have heard of anything like this... I have not come across any sound glitches...

Does it cut out? Mix with a different track?

When my patch is applied, it passes the toc check... does your image pass the toc check after the patch has been applied? That would be a good place to start...

Tru
Validus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did not pass the TOC. I just got the version you uploaded to snes
Validus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Magic Engine when I exit a battle and go back to the world map I get a huge long continues BEEP or bass sound in the background, i have to go to the menu screen to make it go away.
turbofan1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Validus wrote:
In Magic Engine when I exit a battle and go back to the world map I get a huge long continues BEEP or bass sound in the background, i have to go to the menu screen to make it go away.

Yeah I have had that same problem,when you win A battle and go to the overhead map,There`s like A high pitch continuing beep.It goes away once you enter A town or another battle.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely this is going to be an emulation issue.
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:

Indeed... I am unable to reproduce this on real hardware, but have reproduced it on Magic Engine... I do not recall if it happened on Yame or Mednafen though...
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tru wrote:
bernielindell wrote:

Indeed... I am unable to reproduce this on real hardware, but have reproduced it on Magic Engine... I do not recall if it happened on Yame or Mednafen though...

PM sent.
stevek666
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:

Off topic, you might've heard the news that a company called XSEED will be bringing "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" to the US for the PSP. It's true! Well, you might've also heard that they'll be using the translation from the PC patch Deuce and I produced... Believe it or not, that is also true!

I know this is old news for most folks, but I just found out about it here.

NightWolve, that is truly awesome. Smile
snkfreak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can somebody please tell me which files i need to download so i can play this game in english? or can somebody please patch it for me and upload all the files i need to burn on cd and play it in english on my duo-r. i already own the original japanese version.

really need help.thanks a lot.
snkfreak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody here who can help me???
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snkfreak wrote:
nobody here who can help me???

If you own the Japanese version, rip it with TurboRip, and get the patch and apply it. Its really easy to do. Smile I believe the patch is in the first post of this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: