MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ATTN: All ME fans... we need your help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokushibyou
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: ATTN: All ME fans... we need your help. Reply with quote

I hope that it is ok for me to request help here, but as you guys are all here due to your continuing support of ME, it's as good a place as any to start.

Here's the problem... I don't know how many of you use Usenet, but our once happy little group (alt.binaries.emulators.tg16) is now being over-run with punk-ass little warez kiddies. Their main target is getting hold of reg keys for ME. Most of the regular posters, myself included, hate to see this happen and actively encourage ppl to purchase it, but it still gets posted despite being considered off topic in the group's FAQ.

We do our best, we report the offenders to their NTTP providers (and in extreme case have them kicked off said providers), and also forward those keys onto the ME team so they can be disabled for future versions.

But now there's talk of an ammendment to the group FAQ where it will be considered on topic to post the key there without fear of reprisals. My fear is that as the group is a democracy (and the majority rules), we are outnumbered by the warez kiddies and the motion will pass. I feel this will be detrimental to our group and it doesn't help David much either.

All i ask of you is this, if you can spare a couple of mins, pay us a visit there and mebbe help us stop these morons trying to ruin a good thing.

I'm sorry if this was not an appropriate post here, believe me when i say i have nothing but the best intrests of both ME and our little slice of Usenet in mind by this post.

Regards,

Kokushibyou

BTW... AWESOME emu David. At least when my Duo does finally die i'll still be able to enjoy the greatest system ever made ~^_^~
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Grrrrr..... Reply with quote

Damn warez...

Im not into usenet. Never bothered acctually. Like mirc, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Sure, like everyone ( yes, this means YOU the reader also ) I got a few cracks & keys from warez sites in the past. But this all stopped when, around 95 or so I downloaded windows95 with viruses in it!. What enrages me the most is that norton antivirus didn't catch them as I was rarely updating anything back then... this was it for me, no more warez afterwards...

Now things are different : Im older & can pay for the items I want. Yes, I even payed for windows! it's really sickening to see dumb kiddos having so much trouble Mad only to have ME's key... I mean, it's ONLY 15$ for crying out loud!

kokushibyou, DON'T direct those dumbass here : is there someone here who can make a virus? he should do one named something like " Magic engine key extractor.exe " and do instant damage like flushing ther master boot record Cool ....
zektor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: USenet... Reply with quote

Yes, I have seen the keys posted as well. Makes me sick. I paid for my ME. It was inexpensive and worth every damn penny. But, you will always get "warez kiddies" spreading garbage around the net...nothing really can be done I'm afraid. Just encourage people who like ME to purchase it like I did. Get the gratification of having your name in the about box....but much more getting the gratification that you contributed to the authors great work is what it is all about.
zektor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Another idea... Reply with quote

Would be to get copies of these spreaded keyfiles and submit them to David. Maybe he can "lock out" those keyfiles in upcoming versions. That'll stop the warez kids cold!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late, David is allready hard at work at blocking these *hint* *hint* Wink ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: