MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Dreamcast Port of your emu ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebel
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Dreamcast Port of your emu ??? Reply with quote

Hello !!
I'm a french pc engine fan so that you have to understand why my engish is so terrible !!

My question is : did you plan to develop your emulator on other support (like Dreamcast) ?

I know that dreamcast port of PCs emulator is easy because of the architechture of the dreamcast machine.

Somebody work on this project : www.dcemulation.com
On this page you will find out all the dc dev scene including PC engine emu dev ...

Why your emu on Dreamcast ?? Because your emu is the best nowaday an it's easier to play on a dreamcast with the paddle rather than on a PC with fucking keybord .....

Tk for your answer !!!

Cool
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that is viable option, given the state of the venerable DC as of now. Sad

If the controller is the issue, you can just get a joystick/joypad for your PC. Take a look at www.gravis.com and see if there's anything you like. I recommend those because they work wonders for me.

PS. No, I don't work for them nor have invested in that company at all. It was just a suggestion. Razz
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the gamepad issue, most people call me mad but I always liked the Micro$oft Sidewinder... I like it because ( for me anyway ) it fits comfortably in my hands, it has a very natural feel which is a plus, it's surgical precision controls lasts for a long time ( I had the original one from '96, it just went dead 3 weeks ago... so that's 6 years, not bad for a gamepad ), it's button layout will fit most games & it doesn't give cramps on those long gaming marathons...

It's downside? none I know of, I had some problems 6 years ago but that was when most games only wanted those damn gravis gamepad with 4 buttons but that's a thing of the past Wink ...

Like I said, mine went dead recently so I bought another gamepad : a sidewinder usb Cool ... it's even better than the old one... & it works flawlessly with Magic Engine, 10 buttons is more than enough.
AlexisMachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that! The Sidewinders are wonderful. I've still got my original Sidewinder pad, and I love it.

The Dreamcast controllers are OK, but they're not as wide as the Sidewinders are. Having long fingers, I tend to get hand cramps during long gaming sessions with DC controllers. Not to mention trigger blisters. Smile

I wouldn't mind seeing a DC port of Magic Engine, actually. Certainly it is a viable option. The Dreamcast homebrew scene is thriving right now despite the discontinuation of the hardware, and used ones are still available from shops and clearinghouses and websites.

My only concern about a Magic Engine port to the DC would be speed. The DC emulations of other consoles I've seen thus far for the most part have been slow.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Engine on the Dreamcast? humm.... What I do is plug my PC on my big screen TV. Using a new Gf4 ti 4200 it's TV output is fullscreen now, unlike those Gf2's sadly Sad . I wonder why nVidia did this Confused their old tv encoder chip could do fullscreen but they all had that damn black boarder, hence the need for TVtool. Now on the new encoder chips everything is "purrdy"...

Still, it could work on a dreamcast, but I doubt David has a Post-it (r) saying " TO DO : port ME on the Dreamcast " Wink ....

But, who knows?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: