MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

DISK ERROR! - ???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: DISK ERROR! - ??? Reply with quote

I am using Magic Engine v0.98 and I would just like to say that it is truly a wonderful emulator! Now my problem is that when I use it at work to play Sapphire, it works fine. Now when I get home and try to play it, it gives me the following error: "DISK ERROR!" Now since it works at work I am assuming that there is nothing wrong with my CD. Can anyone please help me with this? Thank you...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. could you give us some more information on that? Like your OS in your home computer, and if it's an original disc or a burned copy. Also what kind of drive are you using? Did you copy and install the same ME folder in both computers, or is it a different download each?

On another subject, YOU HAVE SAPPHIRE??? Shocked Last week a I saw a copy of that on ebay go for an incredibly high amount. Is yours for sale? Wink
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Disk Error! 411 Reply with quote

Oh, sorry... My O/S at home is Win98. It is a burned copy of Sapphire. I'm using a 50x CD-R and a 4x CD-RW (neither works). Oh, and I just noticed that at work I am running ME v0.98, and at home I updated it to the v0.99b2. Should that matter?

Ps: Well my Sapphire is a burned copy; and if you're interested, i would be willing to trade a copy of it for a copy of Lords of Thunder (I've been looking for this for a while); if you don't have Lords of Thunder, I would settle for a copy of any of these following games: Steel Heart’s (JAP), Star Parodia (JAP), Macross 2036 (JAP), Kaze Kiri (JAP), Ai Cho Aniki (JAP), NEXZR (JAP), Psychic Storm (JAP), or Rayxamber 3 (JAP).
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG!!! I do have a copy of LOT!! It's working just fine and in pristine condition!! You got yourself a trade, Menace! Very Happy Umm... I just hope Mr. Michel doesn't mind us talking about this in the forum.

But going back to the ME engine problem, I suggest you try running v 98 on your home CPU and see what happens. my guess is that it should work fine. Otherwise, it's probable your drive is not being recognized by ME. Can you play audio CD's on your drives?
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Disk ERROR! =( Reply with quote

Email me here: DaMenace801@aol.com for more trading info. (Please use "PC Engine Game Trade!" as the Subject line)

As for my lil situation. I doubt it's a problem with ME detecting my CD-R because I can play Dracula X, Spriggan, And Chichibiman 3 just fine. The Disk error only happens with Sapphire. I'm at work right now, and I just updated my v0.98 to v0.99b2 and it plays Sapphire just fine. (it's actually one helluva shmup!... gets pretty difficult too!) So I'm stumped now... not knowing what to do next. A little help someone... please! Sad
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right.. this is the only variable I can think of...

Is sapphire an ISO you downloaded from the web, or a copy made straight from the CD? Unless it's a problem caused because this game requires the arcade card to run, there's nothing else that comes to my tiny, overcrowded, incapable of multitasking brain...

Jabber, Kaminari-san, David... anyone want to take a shot at it?

PS. Try using version 98 on your home computer and see if it works. If it does, then it's a bug or problem with the version you have.

Spec.
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Sapphire Disk Error Reply with quote

Well, now the ME directories are exactly the same at home and at work, and I wouldn't know why they would run differently. I'm gonna try v0.98 at home and see what it does for me. Well, I admit that my copy of Sapphire was created from an ISO, actually an NRG to be percise and since it works here, I don't see why it wouldn't work at home. I'll give it a shot with v0.98 at home and fill you in if it works or not. Thanks for your assistance...

Ps: Email me regarding... um... yeah... you know...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, so it was created using Nero, right? One more question, is it an exact image made by putting the CD on the drive, copying to HD and then putting the CDR on the drive to copy it? Or is it an ISO with MP3 instead of regular CD tracks?.

Maybe, just maybe is it because the CD drive cannot read that particular CD due to low reflectivity, or the TOC has been all messed up due to our old "friend", the ISO/MP3.

Hope V 98 works fine for you.

PS. Sorry if I'm pelting you with questions, it's just to see where the root of the problem is.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, here is a tip I use myself : use private messages for non-emulator related issues such as trading Wink Wink ...

About the actual cd, since it plays at work & not at home it may be drive related. Some cd-drives don't like, or have problems with some or many formats out there. A perfect example is those old CD-G, remember them? they were distributing them like hotcakes back then. Now try to find a drive that can read the data track on those puppies...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, Jabber.. point taken Embarassed

I still have my Saturn and I use it for those CDGs, but only when I'm not playing Panzer Dragoon Saga or Darius 2. Mr. Green
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said, it worked wonders for me *hint hint*Cool ...

Humm, so the saturn can read CD-G's? kewl, I thought they died with the SEGA-CD & TurboGrafx16/TurboDuo...

We are learning some new things every day... Life is good Very Happy .
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapphire was made with dat and mp3 files. What exactly is low reflectivity? I still haven't got a chance to try v0.98 at home cuz i was mad busy yesterday, but i'll give it a shot later when I get home today.

As for CD compatibility, i tried a total of 4 CD-ROM drives and none of them worked. Crying or Very sad
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT]: Damn... it keeps posting my messages twice... grrr! Mad
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To stop posting twice, don't click on " click here to return to forum " Wink ...

Minor phpBB bug.
DaMenace801
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: No solutions huh? Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad So no one knows why I keep on getting this disk error at home???

BTW: I converted all music files to WAV in order to create this copy of Sapphire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: