MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Feature suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhotoGuy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Feature suggestion Reply with quote

Magic Engine coming with a cheat option is a beautiful thing. Digging into the hex code proved to be more fun for me than playing the games, on NES and SNES emulators, anyway. The editors built into VirtuaNES and SNES9XW offered a more comprehensive search utility than ME does, and it made searching for cheats much easier. Thus, I offer the following suggestions:

Add the option to update searched values, with "previous" and "current" fields for comparison of values. Maybe even a third field for x y z comparing.

Hex to Dec conversions in the search field. Remembering a few quick conversions (like 99Hex=153Dec) is fine for maxing out a stat, but it makes searching a lot more tedious if you have to grab your TI-36 every time your HP goes down to 74.

Less Than and Greater than options are useful as well for value searching, especially where health meters are used instead of numbered HP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: