MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Crazy CD problem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spinner 8
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Crazy CD problem! Reply with quote

Hallo! Hopefully somebody here can help me out. :)

First of all, when playing a CD game, or more specifically when you start to play a CD track, the whole game freezes, and the first few seconds of the track start to play. Then it cuts out, and the track starts over, and the game continues normally. It's not really a big deal, since I can still play games and stuff, but as you can imagine it gets reeeally annoying. :) I'm using real CDs, so that's not the problem, and I have the latest version. It's probably just my drive, but YAME plays CDs fine (well it's not synced properly, but...), so, umm, I dunno how to fix this. :) I can list the debug file if anybody wants, but I don't want to clutter up the board, you know.

Also, when you go to the next town in Ys I+II, the CD music keeps playing over the other music. I saw a thread here a couple days ago about how to fix this, but I can't find it now. Sorry.

Oh! I'm using Windows 2000, with a Yamaha CD-RW drive that CD-ROM Tool seems to not want to detect. :) Help meeee!
AlexisMachine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy CD problem! Reply with quote

Spinner 8 wrote:
Also, when you go to the next town in Ys I+II, the CD music keeps playing over the other music. I saw a thread here a couple days ago about how to fix this, but I can't find it now. Sorry.

I remember that fix.

In your pce.ini file, find this section:

Code:
  ;
  ; CD-ROM audio input line
  ; --
  ;   0 -> first  audio input line
  ;   1 -> second audio input line
  ;   ...
  ;
  ;   (see the log.txt file to find out what are the line numbers)
  ;

cd_audio_input_line=

Make sure that no line # is specified.

Then find this section:

Code:
  ;
  ; enable debug log file
  ; --
  ;   y -> enable  [default]
  ;   n -> disable
  ;

debug_log=y

Make sure that debug_log holds the value "y", like above.

It didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for you. Cool
Spinner 8
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, didn't work for me. My INI file already looks like that. :)
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, physical problems can be hard to diagnose. It looks like a timing or access issue, old cd-rom perhaps? I know that they tend to act erratically when being close to dying. Maybe this cd-rom compatibility thing is because of the newer cd-roms being of the CAV type, & the old PCE games designed to be run on the old CLV type?

Maybe the problem is the disks themselves?
Spinner 8
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are original discs. Not just one even, ALL of them.

It's probably something to do with my CD-ROM, but how come the same thing doesn't happen in YAME?

...bleh, I give up! I'll just deal with crappy audio sync problems :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: