MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Daemon Tools for Mac OS X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Schmidt2
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Daemon Tools for Mac OS X Reply with quote

I have no idea when this was released, but Daemon Tools now exists for Mac OS X. Unfortunately, I can not test it as I do not have a Macintosh system at this time, but it does require OS X 10.6 and a 64-Bit Core2Duo or higher to run. Still, this brings hope to Mac users not just for emulation purposes, but for general use of disc images.

Anyone still here that uses a Mac and wants to test it out?
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Daemon Tools for Mac OS X Reply with quote

Joel Schmidt2 wrote:
I have no idea when this was released, but Daemon Tools now exists for Mac OS X. Unfortunately, I can not test it as I do not have a Macintosh system at this time, but it does require OS X 10.6 and a 64-Bit Core2Duo or higher to run. Still, this brings hope to Mac users not just for emulation purposes, but for general use of disc images.

Anyone still here that uses a Mac and wants to test it out?

Bloody embarrassing to forget your password and have to make a second account until Dave can fix things for you Embarassed

Anyways. I got bored today and installed VMware and OS X on my HP Probook. Tested out Daemon Tools OS X with both Magic Engine and Yabause. ME was a no go, as it apparently doesn't like being run in this manner and just gives me a grey window, although clicking eject from the OS X drop down menus DID eject my ISO of Dracula X. However, Yabause had no trouble seeing, reading and ejecting the 6 Sega Saturn ISOs I tried mounting.

I'm going to do a true hardware based install of OS X tomorrow and will try testing ME again, but it looks like OS X users finally have a true way of mounting disk images Smile

I'm thinking Dave should start paying me for being the Mac OS guinea pig Razz
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a Mac I'd do that too but alas, I do not Crying or Very sad

Benchmarking is dare I say... fun?

Laughing
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: okay, been a few months but still.... Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:

Laughing

I finally remembered this project and spend some time at work today hackintoshing my Probook 4530s. Just tried Magic Engine with Daemon Tools for OS X and an iso of Dracula X.

The result:

Works perfectly.
RegalSin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OSX9 and OSX Tiger has tons of PPC mounting tools asides the built in one.
Find a mac forum that is dedicated, they should have one.
Chaz
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: okay, been a few months but still.... Reply with quote

Joel Schmidt wrote:
Jabberwok wrote:

Laughing

I finally remembered this project and spend some time at work today hackintoshing my Probook 4530s. Just tried Magic Engine with Daemon Tools for OS X and an iso of Dracula X.

The result:

Works perfectly.

Can you tell me how you did it?

I use Cue/Bin files and Daemon Tools (and other virtual cd players...) refuses to load cue due to an "unsuported format" and when I load the bin, it is not recognized by the emulator as a "PC Engine cd". I tried everything, converting to .iso, burn to a CD-R, VirtualCDRW, nothing works ...

On Windows, it's work perfectly but it would bother me to have to install a partition just to play Castlevania and Gate of Thunder;)

Sorry for my bad english, thank you for your answer.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: okay, been a few months but still.... Reply with quote

Chaz wrote:
Joel Schmidt wrote:
Jabberwok wrote:

Laughing

The result:

Works perfectly.

Can you tell me how you did it?

I use Cue/Bin files and Daemon Tools (and other virtual cd players...) refuses to load cue due to an "unsuported format" and when I load the bin, it is not recognized by the emulator as a "PC Engine cd". I tried everything, converting to .iso, burn to a CD-R, VirtualCDRW, nothing works ...

On Windows, it's work perfectly but it would bother me to have to install a partition just to play Castlevania and Gate of Thunder;)

Sorry for my bad english, thank you for your answer.

It sounds like you have bad images.

I haven't run OS X on a regular basis in a year and a half and haven't run it as a hackintosh system since I did that test. If I remember correctly, it (as the mac saying goes) just worked.

Wish I could be more help.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RegalSin wrote:
OSX9 and OSX Tiger has tons of PPC mounting tools asides the built in one.
Find a mac forum that is dedicated, they should have one.

It's been almost a year, but still....

Mac OS has never had a 100% reliable way of mounting images for use in ME until the release of Daemon Tools for OS X. There was a version of Toast that sometimes worked, but not very often.. mainly it was only good for burning images to disc.
james79
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Max is safe from the virus attacks and its not corrupted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: