MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Dragonslayer: Legend of Heros CD Audio Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Dragonslayer: Legend of Heros CD Audio Problem Reply with quote

Whenever I play the game, it will not get off the CD Audio unless the track changes. If I go out of a town, when I re-enter the CDA of the overworld music still plays.

This also causes a lockup of the game in the beginning when the old guy comes to wake you during the night.

I've tried this with both ME's System Card and the PCE SysCard3 ROM. The disc is original.

System:

Dell Inspiron Laptop:
Intel Celeron 900MHz
Intel 32MB VDA
Dell Internal DVD-ROM
Windows NT 5 SP3 (Windows 2000)
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let me congratulate you on an excellent first post. If all first posts were like this Wink ...

While I don't know how a laptop's cd-rom is built ( no audio cable obviously ) I know that this might be a simple Windowz problem. You might want to try this first : Since Windowz sees PCE discs as audio discs check if you don't have autoplay on. My guess is that Windowz tries to play the audio off of it when you pop the disc in thus creating conflict with Magic Engine... Or you can pop the disc in, wait for it to start playing, stop whatever's playing it ( Winamp, Windows media player ect ) and THEN start Magic Engine.

Try this, this may do it. If not then, humm.......

BTW, what version if Magic Engine are you using?
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows only sees Track 1 ("This is disc....") and nothing beyond 2.

It's Magic Engine v.98.

Also, the tracks will change between scenes like the overworld and caves and it does loop the track.
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it with the disc on v.99ß5 and it works fine. I'm gonna try it with an image for .98 and see if it works cuz that 5minute limit thing is annoying.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your last post demonstrates why it's important to choose your words.

Every Magic Engine version has this 5 minutes 'annoying' limitation if you're not registered. This is called the demo mode.

Either you bought a valid key and you can then upgrade from your 0.98 version to the latest beta for free, or you're (hopefully not) using a cracked 0.98 - which doesn't entitle you to ask for help on this forum. This is the official ME forum here, not some freaking warez BBS.
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend gave it to me a while back cuz he no longer used it and knew I was into retro-gaming and wanted to play Ys and such again since Falcom's a bunch of bastards and not giving the US Ys Eternal.

I assume it's legal. I'll ask him next time I see him and if it's not, I have some extra money next week and will just purchase it on my own then.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Kaminari. I can't remember how many posts we have answered only to find out that the person was using an old warezed version of Magic Engine. I mean, IT'S ONLY 15$ FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!

Geez, how can one pay for his internet connection when he can't even pay a mere 15$?

If this 15$ were to go to a mega corporation I could almost understand ( I lied : I can't understand ) BUT, this famous 15$ goes to only one person almost slaving his butt working on an emulator & trying to cope with all of us...

The point of all this? : warez is theft, period. Stealing from a mega corporation is bad, BUT stealing from a dedicated fellow emulation/retrogaming fan is... I think there is no word strong enough to illustrate this.

belinus, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. maybe your friend gave you his version of Magic Engine. BUT unfortunately, truth is he did not give you HIS own personal Magic Engine, we have ways to know Wink

So here are your options :
1 : register Magic Engine & be entitled to support here
2 : stop asking for support, even if you change your name, an IP ban is so easy...

Regards, Jabberwok Very Happy
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only pay $18/yr for my OC-3 in 3 installments and the feds pay for it. You guys don't need to jump down my throat. I said I will check with him and I will correct if it does turn out to be warez. Ok?

And yes, I am aware of the warez scene. I regulary boot idiots who talk about them over on 3D Cafe, except we're talking about applications in which the cheapest is $2000.

I just decide to give my friend the benefit of the doubt as you would give your friends if they gave you a piece of software. Granted he should have told me and I should have asked, but I assumed the beta version was demo when I downloaded it because it was just that, beta like how Microsoft Betas have similar limits to them.

And as I said, I will be able to correct it if it does turn out to be an illegal version. Let me at least find out first before you start hrowing accusations.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And as I said, I will be able to correct it if it does turn out to be an illegal version. Let me at least find out first before you start hrowing accusations.
That's what we wanted to hear. Sorry if this sounded rude but warez kiddies come in here every so often & I think ( for my part, but I think I speak for most of us regulars here ) we are getting a bit tired of repeating ourselves over & over again. Don't bother checking with your friend, you are definitely using a warezed version, trust me on this. Wether or not your friend knew this is none of our concern, but feel free to register & become a member of our little 'family' Wink ...

Hope to have you on board.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

belinus wrote:
A friend gave it to me a while back cuz he no longer used it and knew I was into retro-gaming and wanted to play Ys and such again since Falcom's a bunch of bastards and not giving the US Ys Eternal.

I heard Falcom have recently reconsidered the export market and are presumably working with NCSX on an official translation. Not sure about its current status, though...

Quote:
I assume it's legal. I'll ask him next time I see him and if it's not, I have some extra money next week and will just purchase it on my own then.

Simple. Just upgrade your ME dir with the latest beta executable and see if your key is still working (should be, if your friend was registered). If not, you can be sure you've got a cracked keyfile.

As for the legality of such a 'gift', I believe it must be OK as long as your friend didn't keep a 'backup' copy for himself... But I'm not competent in that realm and I'll let that for David to handle.
belinus
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did your test and it failed.

I spoke to my friend about it and he didn't even know it was shareware. Someone in a chat room sent it to him when he asked about TG-16 emulation (he hates the web and uses it as little as possible, can't say I blame him either) and he assumed it was free like every other emulator is. He did not keep a copy and I have sense purchased a legal copy for myself (just waiting for the key to be e-mailed to me) since I found a way to sneak money off of my Discover card (which they dont take natively Mad ) and put it onto my debit card which is a Visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: