MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

A problem and a question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkay
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: A problem and a question... Reply with quote

Firstly, Thank you for responding to me so quickly, David.

I had a very slight problem with the bilinear filtering, and wondered if it was common with ATI video cards. In bilinear filtering, running at 1280x1024, there is a slight outline of garbage around the window, just on the right and bottom sides, as if the filtering didn't cover the entire 1280x1024 or something. I'm not quite sure if that was described well enough, but I hope someone understands.

Also, is TV mode not stretchable/scalable? It looks to be by far the prettiest way to play, but I can't stretch it to fit my whole 1280x1024 screen...

Anyways...thanks again!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't encounter this outline problem, all is ok here (tested on a TNT and two different GeForce), may be it's only a laptop problem, did anyone else encounter this problem?

About the TV mode, no it can't be scaled. The high resolution support was mainly implemented to be used for fullscreen stretch, not for the TV mode. On a PC with a monitor you just use 640x480 for the TV mode and all is ok, but it's true that it's not the same on a laptop with their fixed resolution. Things will be better in the new version tho. Smile
Arkay
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, when I said I have an LCD, its actually a screen for my desktop, not a laptop. But regardless, It looks like its just my computer for now Smile

One more question, however...I noticed that when the games are being stretched to a certain resolution, everything is fine until I go to the menu, and then the game is no longer stretched when the menu overlay comes up...Its a minor quibble, hardly an annoyance even, but I read a post of yours on the topic of a resolution independent GUI and wondered if that meant that such stretching/unstretching would be fixed?

Thanks.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. d'oh!

About the GUI, yes the new version won't have this problem, the GUI will be independent of the game screen and of the resolution, it will be a true overlay. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: