MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ys III freezes when I get a treasure chest,please read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemoniusX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: ys III freezes when I get a treasure chest,please read. Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I need help on ys III the cd.
when you start the game it runs fine, however when you get a treasure chest the game freezes. like for instance the first treasure chest you get in the game it says "adol gets power ring" and the text just stays on the screen and the tigre music continues to play. so it freezes and I cannot continue, I get fustrated, is there advice or a patch or something to correct this problem, I loved ys III on my snes and now that I have a registered copy of magic engine I was hoping to play it on my emu, but when you get a darn chest it freezes, I hate it so much. i want to complete the game, I have magic engine version 0.98 if anyone can help out please do. I would appreciate that.

sincerely
scott bradley zettee
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The latest ME version is 0.99b5. Always install the latest version available on the main page before submitting bug reports.

Is your Ys 3 copy an original or burnt one? Have you tried using a real System Card ROM instead of the built-in Magic System?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personnal message to Kaminari :

Non mais franchement... il nous prend pour des debutants ou quoi? ils sont pas loin d'une cinquantaine a avoir ( probablement ) la meme version pris sur un site tu sais quoi... ca commence a bien faire...
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

était quand meme plus approprié pour un "personnal message" Laughing Wink
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Square: Mr. Green

>Jabber: c'est clair, d'ailleurs on les voir venir à 300 kilomètres... Mais on ne peut pas y faire grand chose, c'est à David de prendre les mesures nécessaires lorsque l'utilisation d'une version crackée devient vraiment évidente et avérée. A mon humble niveau, je ne propose plus mon aide que pour les dernières betas. Ca fait tout de suite le tri ! Et cela offre déjà l'avantage d'écarter un bon nombre de maudits lascars Wink
DemoniusX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: to kaminari Reply with quote

kaminari

it is the original cd I bought, it is in MINT condition Laughing and that is what I wanted. I loves ys III and It makes me ill that I cannot play it, also if I get 99b does that mean I have to pay another $15 to register it or can I use the key from my 98b? I have a burned copy of Dracula X rondo of blood, that won't run for whatever reason. but I am more concerned with ys since it is a ACTUAL copy of the game. and you mentioned a system game rom card or something, could you tell me what that is and how to get it,if it is needed. thanks for writing hope you,can help out some, and thanks for replying.

sincerly
scott bradley zettee
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you don't need to register again whatever the version you originally bought. Updates are free for registered users, you just need to download the latest beta and decompress it into the Magic Engine folder where you keep your keyfile. You'll obviously have to reconfigure the new ini file provided in the archive, since there are many new options available since the old 0.98 version.

For the System Card ROM, you need to go at your usual ROM provider and look for a section usually called GoodPCE. The ROM's name is 'Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J)'. You can also do a search in Google.

Then you'll have to edit your ini file like this:

# ----
# path settings
# ----

[path]

;
; system card paths
; --
;

system_card_1=
system_card_2=
system_card_3=D:\Emulation\Magic Engine\ROMs\Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).zip
system_card_4=
DemoniusX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: reply to kaminari Reply with quote

Very Happy
thanks, I will download the newest version, and get the file, I know where to get it too, thanks for your help if I need anymore help if it does not work for whatever reason, I will post yet another reply, are you allowed to tell me how to run burned games, if so that is cool,if not that is ok, once again you have been a wonderful help. thanks so much Very Happy

sincerly
scott
bradley
zettee
DemoniusX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: I got beef with karmari or whatever his or her name is. Reply with quote

you said that I don't have to regester my ME after I get the new one. my KEY wont reconize it, and I am stuck with a demo version. I don't know when I will get the $15 to regester it again, thanks alot for making me have a crappy demo version, oh well. I guess I have to find a free TG-16 emu until I get $15 to regester it again. Crying or Very sad well I am sad, cannot enjoy hours of my tg 16 emu that I want to play so bad, oh well.

scott bradley zettee
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: That's Kaminari, you macho Reply with quote

I don't get what you mean. You bought your keyfile, right?

If you registered ME in the past and your keyfile has suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason, well... it's quite peculiar but really not a big deal - you're a legitimate customer, you just have to contact David Michel privately to sort this problem out.

But if you have a cracked keyfile, what are you doing here and why are you complaining? You've got some nerves to mess around with me, considering I was kind enough to provide you some support. Too bad your crack stopped working after you upgraded to the latest beta, but hey... I don't even feel the slightest remorse!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warez kiddies : can't live with em, can't kill em (tm)...

I know I will start looking for those damned keyfiles polluting the web on those childish warez sites and will report ALL of them to David just to make sure those keyfiles DON'T work under Magic Engine, EVER...

So kiddies, start cleaning your bedrooms to get the 15$ to register it...

I mean 15$ ( fifteen dollars *hint* *hint* ), you guys are joking right? don't kids these days know the value of money? do they actually think 15$ is a lot?

I just want to make sure I grasp the concept correctly : fifteen dollars? I mean come on : you can buy 3 happy meals with 15$ fer' cryin' out loud!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: