MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Can americans make pce emulators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriotic proud, perhaps... Rolling Eyes
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leseb, Ozzy didn't have any bad intentions with it... From what i can tell, he was just making "puns" after the fact that most if not all of the PCE scene in dominated by French & Canadian programmers... It's kind of odd that with the PCE having been released in the US, that emulators & the scene is dominated by others.. that's all...

It's all about popularity.. In the US, the NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, N64, etc. generated far more interest in the gaming community, so you have lots of emulators & tools coming from the US... The TG16/DUO hardly made a dent, so naturally, we haven't seen that much actvity in the US with it.. There's tons of US unauthorized translation projects for SNES, NES, etc.. but hardly nothing for TG16/DUO (which I of course hope to change)...

So, again, there were really no bad intentions with the post... It's just odd that PCE seems to be more popular in France & other countries than here... At least that's how it seems...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:
There's tons of US unauthorized translation projects for SNES, NES, etc.. but hardly nothing for TG16/DUO (which I of course hope to change)...

I strongly support your efforts.

NightWolve wrote:
So, again, there were really no bad intentions with the post... It's just odd that PCE seems to be more popular in France & other countries than here... At least that's how it seems...

You overlook the fact that the TurboGrafx actually bombed in the US, mainly because of a bad marketing and a poor choice of translated games. The TurboGrafx market, although official, was a closed one.

In a sense, we in Europe were far more lucky. The CoreGrafx was not officially distributed in France, but we relyed heavily on the import games and machines. And our import source was the Japanese market, which by far was much more developed than the US one. (The PC Engine was actually more popular in Japan than the Megadrive.) And I guess it was also relatively more successful in Europe than in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: