MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

HuCard games with save feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morden
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: HuCard games with save feature Reply with quote

Like the topic says, I'm looking for HuCard titles that have some kind of a save feature, other than password or external memory. For the longest time now, I've been looking for any kind of trustworthy info, preferably a list, but the best I've found so far is this, and unless I'm missing something, it's all about the Ten no Koe compatibility, which is external memory. To be clear, I'm looking for any and all titles using on-board saving.

I'm not the kind of guy who just shows up, demanding help, but like I said, I'm having the hardest time finding any kind of reliable info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know there are no HuCard games that have on-board save memory. They rely on a CD unit, turbobooster plus, or something like the ten no koe. The system cards have ram for temporary storage but they use the save memory built into the CD unit.
RegalSin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Hu-card games with save functions needs either ( Keep in mind I forget the names )

Memory unit ( which attach the back of an PCE, some of these use batteries ???? ). I do not own one of these

CD-ROM Unit with built in memory ( which will save as long as plugged in, like an arcade ). Unplugging gives you a few minutes/hours/seconds to plug it back in, so the saves do not delete. It only can save if the battery is fully charged.

Memory card ( that works with the Memory Unit and CD-ROM unit)

Battery pack memory card ( which allows temporary but more controllable saves ). Only few games support the ability to transfer between this unit and others. It is like a big gigantic save unit. As long as it is plugged in, it will keep receiving power. Again IDK as I have only used it a few times.

Lastly you can hack a save. Edit That is right with the PCE you can use the binary 1010DRE2 ( like that ) information. This however means you have to memories the binary data of the save state. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BACKUP SOLUTION. So get that notebook out.

Of course you would need to know how to read the code as the entire things is a wall of 00 00 00 FF EE DD _4 and continuesly.

I use Memory card solution when I do not have my system plugged in.

Man I love my PC Engine. They think of everything. Now all it needs is to transform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: