MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

MAGICENGINE + TVTool * custom resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoZart
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: MAGICENGINE + TVTool * custom resolution Reply with quote

Hi folks

i use winXP, detonator on a gforce2 card and the TVTool to display svhs out on my TV - therefore i have a custom resolution 768x5xx to use the full screen of my tv

in your .ini there is a section about resolutions, where i can enter resolutions to be used in fullscreen. if i enter the values of this custom resolution mentioned above, i get a corrupted screen: the lower red messagebar shows in the lower third of the screen with the game above and the cutoff rest UNDER this bar (strangely flickering). also the game doesnt use the full width of the screen, appears like it runs on 640.

refreshrate is set to 60Hz, vsync on/off doesnt change anything.

I REALLY enjoy your emulator, since it is the only one which manages even fast scrolling beeing displayed WITHOUT tearing!

maybe you can help me, since in 800 i cant see the status bars of many games anymore, and in 640 i get the black ugly borders back....

and maybe another "wish": maybe its possible to bind sreenshotting on the joypad? would be coul to grab fancy action shots....

l8er, guys
NoZart
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: MAGICENGINE + TVTool * custom resolution Reply with quote

NoZart wrote:
i use winXP, detonator on a gforce2 card and the TVTool to display svhs out on my TV - therefore i have a custom resolution 768x5xx to use the full screen of my tv

Your screen modes have to be DirectX compatible or they won't work with Magic Engine. PowerStrip can create DX modes, I don't know about TVTool but it seems not.

Which Detonator version are you using? With the latest 42.xx releases, you don't need any external tool for setting TV resolutions. The drivers provide you by default with 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL) screen modes which are meant for TV display. They are DirectX compatible and perfectly work with ME.

Quote:
maybe you can help me, since in 800 i cant see the status bars of many games anymore

Huh? I don't get it...

Quote:
and maybe another "wish": maybe its possible to bind sreenshotting on the joypad? would be coul to grab fancy action shots....

Good idea Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: