MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

About Website, not Magicengine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: About Website, not Magicengine Reply with quote

I know I'm going to take some crap from those with cable or DSL, but this whole website takes forever to load over 56k. I come back often to see if 1.00 is released and its a good 2 1/2 minutes for the site to load. When you hit stop in internet explorer it still takes an obscene amount of time to go to another site because Magicengine.com continues to load. Thanks for hearing me.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Internet browser do you use? I'm on a 56k too, with IE all is ok here, the page load in a few seconds.

To check only the news, you can go directly to http://www.magicengine.com/uk_news_main.html, this page will load faster and it doesn't pre-cache images, so you can stop it anytime.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IE 6 SP1
WinXP Home SP1 - All fixes and updates
P3 1.2Ghz
radeon 7500 64meg DDR AGP x4
512meg SDRAM
40gig HDD

Thanks for the link Smile
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: use a new browser Reply with quote

if you have dial up,i HIGHLY suggest you get the browser OPERA 7x!it is so much faster than winblows explorer.trust me you will be happier using it on dial up.i use it on cable and it is incredibly faster than windows IE.and it helps to ahve two different browsers for downloading more at once(i.e.-i run windows download,and opera download managersat the same time on sites that have lots of files to download,that way i get more at once.saves time)go fer it man!
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well does it work with Norton Firewall/Antivirus 2003? Will the pop up blocker built into Norton Firewall work with opera?
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should work fine,but opera alrady has an ad blocker that you can adjust to your liking.it works great!also opera is free but comes with ads in the banner,but it is NOT plastered all over like IE,it is just one window at the top of the screen.it goes away if you register the product,which you ahve to pay for.unless you crack it.it is so great.talk to you later.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use Mozilla instead? free, add-free, fast & easy...

I like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: