MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

No Sorround Sound?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sardius
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: No Sorround Sound? Reply with quote

Curious is this because the PC Engine didn't support sorround sound? The emulator doesn't support it? Or the game doesn't support it?
The reason I ask is I have Dawn of Ys and when I listen to the audio tracks off the cd directly, it is sorround sound and comes out of all five speakers...
When I am playing it in Magic Engine, the same cd audio only comes out of the right and left front channels.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably the games themselves, Sardius. AFAIK, only Super Darius comes encoded in Dolby Surround/Prologic. In order to get the surround sound, I connect my laptop/Duo's sound output to my amplifier and that's how I get the surround effect. Pretty lame with Darius' SFX and redbook tracks of the FM music, if you ask me. But surround nonetheless. In case you are expecting your computer, or some sound processing program/hardware you have installed in your system to output fully decoded surround sound, I am afraid it may not happen. You need to feed the game's sound (in this case, Super Darius) to an external decoder or amplifier. That's the way it works for me with ME/Duo/Snes/PSX games with surround. What's your sound setup? I could probably help you with this.

Try Colony Wars or Wipeout XL/2097 for PSX to immerse yourself in surround sound.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wipeout XL. Humm... I remember this game well. And a damn fine one at that...

You seem to know sound systems Specineff. My Current PC ( and my old PSX ) is connected to a NAD receiver with TDL speakers using Monster cables. Not the best setup in the world, but not too shabby either Wink ...
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh. Thanks, Jabber. I got a lot into home theater and surround sound before diving into emulation.

Not a bad setup the one you have, indeed. (Yoda voice)

I have a discontinued (sp?) Sherwood amp connected to a Wharfedale satellite and subwoofer system. Can consider it a budget system as well.
Too bad I can't use the surrounds yet; the design of my room doesn't allow me so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: