MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Audio problems with cutscenes in Dracula X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_hojo
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Audio problems with cutscenes in Dracula X Reply with quote

Yet another topic about Dracula X, but this one has nothing to do with CD or booting errors of any kind, like in the other post I've seen.
My problem is rather simple

Whenever there's an anime cutscene, voices dont syncup with the cutscenes, for example, you can ear characters talking like 3 seconds before they start moving their mouths in the cutscenes. At the ending cutscene where Dracula's castle blows up, you can hear all the sound effects many seconds before the cutscene actually shows the castle vanishing.

How can I solve this?
I read something in the readme about adjusting the "frame delay" in the ini file, but I have changed it several times with several values and I dont notice any changes at all.

This is what my ini looks like right now (only the framedelay part) :

soft_reset=y

;
; frame delay
; --
; adjust video frame delay (15000-18000 µs)
;
; 16393 -> 61 Hz
; 16667 -> 60 Hz [default]
; 16949 -> 59 Hz
;

frame_delay=18000

Im using MagicEngine v0.99b5, by the way.

Its not such a big problem, but still, kinda pisses me off, I would be happy if someone could tell me how to fix it Smile
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're way off the mark here Smile

A correct value is frame_delay=16711.

The gap may persist, though. Some games aren't correctly synchronized, the CD track starts a couple of seconds too soon or too late. Have a look at this thread for previous discussions about it.

Of course, the problem may also be due to a poor rip (if your copy isn't an original one) - in which case, this forum can't help much about it.
Niobium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually.. I have this problem with my original DracX CD also.

I just chalked it up to a emulator bug, like the blue Richter bug. Waiting for 1.00 to fix it.. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: