MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Emerald Dragon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cthulhu
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Emerald Dragon Reply with quote

I picked this game up the other day after reading some very favorable things about it... it does indeed seem like quite the RPG. It came in a double disc case, but there was only one disc. The guy at the store (I live in Japan, so it's not all that unusual that a used game store had this) assured me that there was only one disc when I asked... but I want to make sure. Does anyone else have this game? Is it indeed only one disc? Thanks for the help Very Happy

Cthulhu
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerald Dragon has only one disc.

The double CD cases were sometimes used because of the size of the supplementary materials included with the games: thick instruction manuals, maps, comics and - very rarely - bonus CDs (karaoke, dramas...).
Cthulhu
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for the info. I can now play the game without worrying about a "Please insert disc 2" message coming up after like 30 hours Mr. Green

Yeah, I recall having a few other games that somewhat inexplicably came in a double disc case, like Beyond Shadowgate... which came with a not-very-impressive mini-poster if I recall correctly.

Next on my classic RPG list: the Tengai Makyou games. RPGs: the best Japanese study aid ever Very Happy

Thanks again!

Cthulhu
mukimuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no 2nd disc, but a map (i think) and an art book
i have them and am pleased (as it only cost 500y!!!)
Black_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: How to know if you're missing a disc... Reply with quote

If you're ever wondering if a particular PCE game has two or more discs, all you need to remember is one simple rule-

there aren't any multi-disc games for PCE.

The closest is Yuna(2?) which just has some HuVideo slapped on a bonus disc or the VHS tape that came with 3x3 Eyes(not required to play the game) Brick wall
tg_drifter
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Princess Maker 1 came with a bonus audio disk which was physically smaller in size than the game disk.
It's worth picking up both this and the sequel (even if you're not into simulation-type games) since they both have some amazing artwork and are very involving.
Black_Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: 3x3 Eyes mcd Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether or not 3 x 3 Eyes for Mega CD is a multi disc game?

I just opened mine today and found two identical discs.

I'm hoping I just have a double of a single disc game and not of a first disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: