MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Any advice for coregraphx 's buying ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agon
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Any advice for coregraphx 's buying ? Reply with quote

Hi, everyone,

I remember back in 1992 when I saw the nec coregraphx in "La redoute" , I was saying to myself " that would be damn' cool..." But I didn't buy one. No I must that I totally regret it. Sad
After Hangin in paris on saturday, I saw some coregraphx for 100€.

Apparently there are some problems with video output on nec console's .
I don't have a NTSC compatible TV, even though it is 60 Hz compatible.

What does the sodipeng version have for video output ?
How can I recognize a sodipeng one ?
Do I need a system card with a Duo or a super cdrom2 ?
Will I be able to play cd backup with nec hardware ?

I'm sure this is totally some kind of newb's question, but don't let me down. Or else, I'll buy a Jaguar, well in fact I'm not that desperate Very Happy
Danjuro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I'm pretty much clueless on the subject, I can tell you you can use any NEC PC-Engine device as long as you've got a 60hz capable TV and the right connector.

If you're a sodipeng fan, you can spot their consoles if you open the package : on first gen consoles, they had that huge fugly box on their back. on later models, the video out came right from the inside of the console and is an euroconnect/peritel/scart (damn stoopid move on their part in my opinion, but that's an old grief and not the matter we're discussing I guess). As far as I know they didn't modify anything on the later consoles (by this I mean starting from the Supergrafx), besides giving you the right AC adapter as well as the right audio/video connector, which was quite the thing to do.

You'll need no system card for the Duo. This isn't quite true actually, but I'd have a hard time getting into system card details without sounding too geeky, and I'm just too lazy to explain the whole possibilities (or mess). Somebody else surely will ;)

Finally you can play your back-up *cough* CDs, as long as you burnt them at a slow enough pace (2x is max me thinks).
Agon
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers, If one day you feel up to it, would you get into sys card details ? being somewhat geeky myself, I'm sure I'll appreciate Smile

See ya.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danjuro wrote:
Somebody else surely will Wink

Yeah... right Cool

I'm not as geeky as Dan, but let's just say that there's a couple CD-ROM games (not Super CD-ROM) that won't work properly with a System Card 3 (stand-alone or embedded). Thus you will need a genuine System Card 1 or 2 in order to make these games work. I don't remember any specific example right now, but it's a marginal situation.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Altered Beast CD is one of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: