MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

cropping of screen in windowed mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micro

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: cropping of screen in windowed mode Reply with quote

I have been using MagicEngine v0.99b4 which I can see is it crops the screen of games with higher horizontal resolution e.g. R-Type or Ninja Spirit when running in a windowed mode. And also it seems that ME would only run in full-screen res. lower or equals to 640x480. (ie -> no 800x600).

Is there anyway in modifying the ini that allows me to do the above things.

And also is it possible to add feature like running in 32bit color or auto-switching to 16bit and switching back when exit(like wgens)?

Thx for the great emulator !! I know I can't request too many.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: cropping of screen in windowed mode Reply with quote

micro wrote:
Thx for the great emulator !! I know I can't request too many.

Well... I'd say that if you paid for it, there's nothing you can't request enough!

Oh, by the way... These topics have already been discussed in previous posts. Just dig in the forum a bit and you'll find them easily.
micro

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
I'd say that if you paid for it, there's nothing you can't request enough!

Yup, you can request, but doesn't mean that someone is listening (no matter you paid or not). If you see Bleem, you would understand my point. These guys actually spent all the time studying copy protection (and entertain the hackers) rather than trying to improve the emulator itself. I bought the emulator, I don't care about the copy protection at all. Indeed it is what they spent their time.

Kaminari wrote:
These topics have already been discussed in previous posts.

I read about Fancia's post and also compared the "known-bugs-list". I suppose if anything that have been raised and isn't on that list, there would be a way to solve.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: cropping of screen in windowed mode Reply with quote

micro wrote:
I have been using MagicEngine v0.99b4 which I can see is it crops the screen of games with higher horizontal resolution e.g. R-Type or Ninja Spirit when running in a windowed mode. And also it seems that ME would only run in full-screen res. lower or equals to 640x480. (ie -> no 800x600).

Is there anyway in modifying the ini that allows me to do the above things.

No, this can't be changed yet, but the next beta will remove some of these limitations.

Quote:

And also is it possible to add feature like running in 32bit color or auto-switching to 16bit and switching back when exit(like wgens)?

32-bit support will be present in v1.0 (not very soon), as for auto switching, I didn't think to that. If it's easy to do I will implement it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: