MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

PC-Engine/IFU-30 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgfm2
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: PC-Engine/IFU-30 problem Reply with quote

I have a PC-Engine which does not output any video or audio, either by the RF output or the composite A/V connector on the IFU-30 unit.

On it's own, the CD-ROM drive and IFU-30 work, and output CD audio correctly. Both the IFU-30 and PC-Engine AC adapters work (e.g. the PC-Engine one powers the CD-ROM fine). The PC-Engine has no missing/broken parts, and the fuse isn't blown.

It would seem there's something wrong internally with the PC-Engine, but I don't know what to look for. Any ideas?
cgfm2
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the fuse was bad after all. I don't know why it's mounted directly underneath the heatsink, making observation or removal very difficult. ;)

If anybody else has to do this, I found the easiest way to remove it was to use a desoldering braid on the fuse legs on the underside, then the fuse can be pulled up and out. There are too many components in the way to remove it from the top side.

This did give me the chance to try something interesting; without the case removed, the IFU-30 will work with a SuperGrafx directly. So the RAU-30 adapter is really just an (expensive) extention cable. If there was a source for the connector used (looks similar to the VMEBus type) I suppose a DIY cable could be made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: