MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Macross 2036 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blastermaster
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Macross 2036 problems Reply with quote

I just made a copy of Macross 2036 using Daemon's tools and CloneCD. It gets to the "just a moment" part using syscard3.pce (ME 99B5 registered) but then gives only a black screen. I am not sure why there is weirdness at this point. It should work, but...
It might have to do with an incorrect cuesheet. If anyone has a text sample of what the cuesheet should look like, that may help. Thanks! Very Happy
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do with burnt backup is to check your cd's toc:
http://helpnec.free.fr
If you got a bad toc , then that can explain why your game is crashing.
Macross2036 being one of the games loading datas from specific sectors.

As for the "bad" cuesheet , if you have the iso/mp3pro rip i made long time ago , the cuesheet use custom pregap times to keep the correct toc of the game.
Mp3/Mp3pro codecs don't preserve the exact original wav lenght once unpacked back to wav.
That s why i used that "trick" with the pregaps back in time to keep the original toc when you re rebuiling games from iso/mp3 rips.

To get a successfull burn from the iso/mp3pro rips, you HAVE to unpack the Mp3pro with Nero ONLY and use the burning method you used.
Now it s possible everything was done correctly but your drive can't read the cd properly.
My original Image Fight 2 cd refuse to work and just hang/crash if i use it with my Dvd rom drive , but work flawless using my cdr drive.

Last edited by Squaresoft74 on Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
blastermaster
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check my toc and go from there. I am using MagicEngine on my laptop which has a DVD/CD-RW combo drive. That may also be part of the problem. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: