MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

HOW TO FIX YOUR DUO ON YOUR OWN!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: HOW TO FIX YOUR DUO ON YOUR OWN! Reply with quote

duo quit playing cd games?won't load them up/access the disc?got you really pissed?!well here is how you fix it EASILY,and SIMPLE!!!!you don't have to tear it apart or order parts(unless there was fire,or smoke/sparks flying out of itLOL!),all you have to do is simply open the lid to your duo,and locate the laser lens.after you do that(that is so easy-you have to be born just yesterday to not know),move the laser lens a little bit,but without touching the lens itself,more like teh housing around the lens.the lens gets stuck for some reason,and it just needs jogged out of hibernation.when moving the lens,it will not move very much,almost as if its stuck and being stubborn,but DO NOT FORCE IT TO MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you do not want to break it-you just want to fix it,by moving it a little,and it WILL MOVE,but just a little,enough to get it working again.i used a little screwdriver(flatheaded.a little eyeglass screwdriver or something small like it),and now my duo works again!!trust me it works.i thought i would post this as i know there have been posts about this in here,and elsewhere.so spread the word to anyone who has this problem.happy duo'ing!
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I'm so tempted to try it because that's what has happened to my system. I have to flip it on its side to make it read even brand new music CDs, like first gen PSXs. Yet, I'm afraid I may completely mess it up. Oh, well, the worst I can do is not do anything at all.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man-do not worry- i wasn't.it is soooooooooooooo easy.you just move it a little bit-it seems stiff-like it won't move,but-it will,just a hairDO NOT FORCE IT THOUGH.trust me it works.i have been playing mine for tweo days now since i have done this neat little fix.aither move it away from the lens,or towards the lens(just a hair now),and then fire it up.remember do not touch the lens to move it,touch the area AROUND THE LENS.there is the lens,and around it is a little housing shaped like a rectangle made from plastic.its not very big,just enough to house the lens.do as these instructions say,while being very careful,and it will work.ahve fun playing turboduo! Mr. Green Applause
Phades
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.... Jam

Wonder if it can fix skippy audio as well?
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey buddy! Where ya been? Get ahold of me at my e-mail address!!!!

Not sure about the skippy audio. Fortunately i haven't had that problem. Why aren't you on aim more often man? I miss bullshitting with you.

Drop me a line mate!
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guess what? It wasn't a bad duo, but electric interference. Baby's working like a charm without a problem until today.
Black_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed one of my Turbo Duo's this way.

It wasn't working right, so I slid the lens(you don't have to touch the actual lens) done to the center and it worked like magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: