MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Ys Book I and II: DISK ERROR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IImastersII
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Ys Book I and II: DISK ERROR Reply with quote

Okay, I've checked out lots of the other topics here that mention Ys, but I can't figure out still how to solve my particular problem.

I am running ME99b in WinXP Home. Ys is a burned copy.

Early in the game, Lair spoke to me and the game crashed. I fiddled with the various system cards, using all 6, and I believe using the real version of sys2 got it to work. Then, later at Goban's hideout, speech was still working.

When I got to Lair in Darm Tower floor 16, it no longer works. I crash with every system card. With the emulated three, it says DISK ERROR. I've been using save states and the six cards to try this sequence over and over and every time her face appears and the CD starts crackling, seconds go by, and then I crash. Argh. What's wrong?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things, although one is unlikely : It may be a bug at that particular place in the game, but we would have had this report a while ago. You may be using a bad burn ( in fact im 'almost' 100% sure of it ) : Try burning the game again with different software & at a lower speed or getting the game from another source. If it's an ISO/MP3 ( like most are ), you may have a bad TOC... Visit http://pce-toc-db.no-ip.com/ for further details...

Good luck.
IImastersII
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response. Sorry to sound ignorant, but what the heck is a TOC? I am at this site, but it's in french... I've got to the TOC part and found Ys, and something saying download cuesheet. I'm at a loss.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip I always use : http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to understand pages I usually can't Shhh .

But in short : Download the said CUE file, rename your iso/mp3's EXACTLY like in the cue file & burn...
IImastersII
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IImastersII wrote:
I am at this site, but it's in french...

What about clicking the English flag located top of the left menu Wink
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babelfish is ok for web translation, but i think Systran blows it away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: