MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Master of Monsters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkIdol
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Master of Monsters Reply with quote

Has anyone here played the CD-ROM version of Master of Monsters - and if so, is it the same game that was released for the Sega Genesis? It's the other old school strat that I love to play (Nectaris being the other of course) and I remembered hearing that a version was released in Japan for the PC-Engine.

If someone could give me a contrast between the two versions (vs the Sega released one) I'd love to hear from someone informed. How's the CD music etc? I presume that Magic Engine will allow me to play a Japanese versioned CD if I were to get a copy of it?

Thanks for the help!
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can recall of it (that was ten years ago!), the PC Engine version is very similar. The CD soundtrack is nice, if not fantastic. The main advantage is that this version is fullscreen unlike the Megadrive version.
DarkIdol
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll know soon enough, I ordered a copy from a Japan based ebayer, who says that it is in fact the same game. Fortunately, I dont think I'll need to be able to read any text inorder to play it. I am interested in the soundtrack for this though - well worth the 12$ for the game : )

Strangely enough, Im burned out from playing it anytime soon since I recently went through the game's exhaustive campaign mode on my Genesis version.

We'll see what wonders the CD version can do for me though : )

Ten years ago?! Hey, we're on a Duo board here! Almost all of this gaming is a decade or older : ) I never personally played a PC-FX so the whole Duo platform kinda started its dryout for me about 10 years back I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: