MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

No Music in Dracula X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viggy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: No Music in Dracula X Reply with quote

When I play Dracula X, all the sound fx are there, but there is no music...anybody have any idea what the problem is?
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before someone else comes here to "flame" you, use the search feature of the site forums to find answers to your question. There are many topics related to this, and after so many years of newbs (me being one myself 3 years ago ) posting the same question over and over for this game, people are tired of seeing it come back to haunt them.

You should have no prblem finding help in the many previous topics on this game. Good luck mate. Cool Very Happy
Black_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: No Music in Dracula X Reply with quote

Viggy wrote:
When I play Dracula X, all the sound fx are there, but there is no music...anybody have any idea what the problem is?

If you're playing a cdr copy of the game, they often play without music because PCE CD's have a short delay before each audio track that gets corrected by copying software, so when the CD-ROM searching a specific spot on the disc, the beginning of the audio track isn't there.

If this is the case, just buy an original copy of the game.

If you're trouble is with an original and you're using Magic Engine, you probably just need to use a different CD-ROM.

If you're using an original copy on a real PCE system, then you probably need to get your console repaired somewhere like TZD or just buy a new one.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammaniaclord is right. Some of the regulars here ( you know who you are Wink ) have been around for a long time. We've seen the EXACT same, molded & manufactured question ever since 1997!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, 1997!!!!!!! That's like, SEVEN years!!!!!!!

In my opinion, it's only natural that after 7 years of answering the same question over & over while being aware that the solutions they are looking for are on this very board... Of course, I never expected that everyone is and/or will ever be computer savvy : Maybe I only expected something like " Oh? a search button... Let's see what it tells me... ".

This looks very much like a rant : And as a matter a fact it is to some extent... Nahhh, Make it a rant all right. But the bottom line is, I've been doing this for several years now (some for even longer than me) as "a fun hobby "... But the question you have to ask yourself : Can there still be fun after ALL this?

The answer is yes. Although, Sometimes, Well.... Whistle
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: No Music in Dracula X Reply with quote

Black_Tiger wrote:

If you're playing a cdr copy of the game, they often play without music because PCE CD's have a short delay before each audio track that gets corrected by copying software, so when the CD-ROM searching a specific spot on the disc, the beginning of the audio track isn't there.

And where do that urban legend come from ? d'oh!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: No Music in Dracula X Reply with quote

Squaresoft74 wrote:
Black_Tiger wrote:

And where do that urban legend come from ? d'oh!

A friend of mine used to burn a lot of PCE (among other) games.

Supposively, PCE CDs are hard to copy properly or used to be with older hardware & software.

Quite often back in the day, people would ask all kinds of questions about games not working properly and too many times(particularly with higher priced "rare" games) it'd turn out that they didn't have the actual game.

Just a cheap copy.

Also, because of the delay, some audio ripping programs(like Audio Grabber) will truncate the tracks if you preview them before extracting them.
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: No Music in Dracula X Reply with quote

Black_Tiger wrote:
Supposively, PCE CDs are hard to copy properly or used to be with older hardware & software.

Pce cds just have an "illegal" toc structure, but this has been handled by cdr drives and software for ages now.
You'll have no problem to dump and burn a pce cd using cdrwin for exemple. Smile

What do you mean by "delays between tracks" ?
Cause except the pregaps between audio/data tracks , there're no delays between audio tracks. Eh?
Check my sig for details.

Anyway , because someone is using a bad backup/burn isn't the problem'source of having no cdda sound with Magic Engine.
You may get out of synch cdda sound to a crashing or non working game at all , but not no cdda sound at all. Wink
Cdda sound problem with Magic Engine is another issue that has been covered and covered again here like Jabberwok mentionned.

Jabberwok wrote:
That's like, SEVEN years!!!!!!!

Geez , seven years already! Razz
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, For the Windoze version... for the good 'ol DOS version, Hummm, David?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: