MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you could remember the name of the world in that game.
The last boss in the ending talks and says: "I cast the jewels of doom to the far corners of isunasa" or something. I assume that 'isunasa' is the name of the world in that game, but... is that the correct spelling?

Can anyone remember?

Also, when you kill the last boss, he says: "Mankind has always been the poison... xxxxx man that destroys nature. As he multiplies in number. I, on the other hand, am the antidote. "

Anyone know what he says in the part marked with xxxx ?
Actually, the part about 'Mankind has always been the poison' is only heard if you put the CD on a CDplayer because I never heard that part being spoken in the ending.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
tg_drifter
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played the game for like 10 years but I remember the 'Mankind has always been the poison' part being spoken in the ending. If you didn't hear that on your Duo, maybe the CD has scratches or the lens need cleaning; and remember, the Duo does not have the most stable CD player around. Try shaking the system when a game is playing and you'll see what I mean. I have a Lords Of Thunder CD with a not-so-deep scratch that causes the music to stop every now and then, so maybe that's the case.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Smile
Now, do you know the name of the world in the game? Isunasa? Isenasa? Isuinasa?

Thanks in advance.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the world is Iselhasa in Japanese. Don't know how it's called in the US version. Be aware that most of the names were changed (for no apparent reason, as usual).
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, thanks Smile
coolieranx
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions Reply with quote

The land is called Isrenasa, and that is the correct US spelling.

Naja, at the end of the game says:

"Mankind has always been the poison. For it is man that destroys nature, as he multiplies in number. I, on the other hand, am the antidote. It was nature that created me to maintain her delicate balance. When I first brought civilization to its knees, I felt an overwhelming sorrow for what I'd done. In my anguish, I cast the Jewels of Doom to the far corners of Isrenasa, so that I would never repeat the deed again. But when I saw mankind once again becoming a threat to nature, I decided it was time to put an end to everything once and for all. However, it would seem that a power much greater than mine has decide that mankind must live. I can only bow to the decision."

On the actual CD, this speech is at the beginning of track 20, and is played right after you defeat Naja.

Hope that helps.
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's what it sounded to me eventually, thanks anyways.
You can see the ending with all its speech in mouseover text glory here Razz

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/td/a/drasla.htm
AmyGrrl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this might help!

Intro
http://www.geocities.com/jamiegrrl78/Dragon_Slayer_-_Track_18.mp3

Ending
http://www.geocities.com/jamiegrrl78/Dragon_Slayer_-_Track_20.mp3

I had to cut the rest of track 20 inorder to upload it, but their is no more speech after the point I cut it. I love this game, I'm so glad I own it!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thanks for the help Amy Wink
But getting or hearing the sound was not the problem, the problem was understanding what it said there Wink

I assume someone must have mentioned that name in the game, but I guess I never paid any attention to it Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: