MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

FXGA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabre470
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: FXGA Reply with quote

Hello David,

I don't know if you used the FXGA software at all but is it possible to convert the *.EX files to an iso to play on a real FX or on the forthcoming emu?

There are a few demos floating around, I looked under an hex editor and the headers of these files says HuEXE001, I guess it is the format to run program with the FXGA but since I don't a have FXGA yet. So I need to make it PC-FX:Hu_CD-ROM. Any leads on this?

Will the emu have some kind of mode to run these .EX Files?

Many thanks for your kind answers

Sabre
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David told me to tell you to get yer kiester back to pc engine entity 2! Very Happy Razz
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FXGA Reply with quote

Ooops, looks like I missed this post. ^^;

You can't directly put an .EX file on an ISO and run it, you need a boot loader. At the beginning of the first data track there's a small piece of code that is loaded when the PC-FX boots, this is this code that will start the game. You don't have to write this code though, just extract it from an existing PC-FX game and modify a few variables to indicate where the game program is on the CD and at what address to load and run it in memory.

This shouldn't be difficult to write a little program that would automate this.

There's a thing that won't work though, these demos often read data from the host PC through a special I/O port of the FXGA, MagicEngineFX doesn't emulate that yet. ^^;
sabre470
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: FXGA Reply with quote

David,

Thanks for the answer, I hope someone will be able to come up with such a tool to check out all the demos around the net for the FXGA, and maybe test them on real FX. Mr. Green

I'll see if I can do that manually. Question

One more question for you, have you got any plans to emulate the HuC6273, the 3D chip present on the FXGA? Maybe after the initial release Whistle

I know this chip had very limited use since it was present on the FXGA only but that would be interesting if any homebrew scene develops around the emu. I think there are demos using that chip available on the net also...plus the ones on the FXGA CD.

Sabre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: