MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Save state compatiblity.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashura
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Save state compatiblity..... Reply with quote

Well, not really a bug but I just noticed that the new version of ME does not take save state files created with ME v0.99b5. Now you might not care about that at all if you use ME only to play Dracula X but I was quite shocked when I found out. I mainly play RPGs and I can't tell how much time I spent over the last few years to build up a huge personal save state archive for all the games I have. (100 save states per game is average.) Ok, this is not the final version so I still have hope that the problem will be fixed in one of the next releases. Wink

I understand that this has absolutely no priority atm with all the game pad and Dracula X related problems still not solved, but I would appreciate it very much if you could give me and others a sign that something will be done so we can use our old save states with the new version again. If backwards compartiblity is not possible a seperate tool to simply convert the old files to the new format would be fine as well.

I guess you had your reasons for changing the format of the save state files but I also hope that you can understand the severity of this problem for gamers like me. If I wont be able to use my old save states again in version 1.0 I think I'll have no choice but to stick with v0.99b5 forever - regardless of what cool new features upcoming releases will have to offer... Crying or Very sad

So please, please, please don't disappoint me here. I was awaiting the new version so much. ....... d'oh!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version will support old save states, no problem, it's not enabled in the preview because the code hasn't be fully debugged yet, it works a bit but not enough to be usable (lots of crash) so it's temporarily disabled. As soon as the gamepad problem is fixed I will be able to continue the work and enable the missing features. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: