MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Better add Rondo of blood to the games that dont work list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugal
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Better add Rondo of blood to the games that dont work list Reply with quote

As soon as it tells you to hit run button in game, it freezes.
The Coop
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I can give some info on the new bug with Dracula X.

When you boot up the game, it runs like normal. The opening cinema starts just fine, and it plays up to the title screen with "Push Run Button" flashing. If you push the Run button, the creaking door sound goes, and just when the title screen fades completely out, it hangs with the door sound effect playing steadily. If you're lucky, you can unhang it by hitting the ESC key a few times and waiting, or by hitting the "Alt + Tab" keys together... but this doesn't always work.

But, if it does work, you're taken to the normal Naming screen, but there's no music. If you try and play the game, after entering a name, it hangs again right when the second opening cinema is about to start. If you can unhang it again, the cinema then plays with no sound at all. When that cinema ends, and the "horse and carriage" scene is about to come up, it hangs yet again. If you manage to unhang it and get through there to the first stage, it hangs again just as the stage is about to come up. If you can unhang it, the stage starts with only sound effects, and no music.

Trying the sound test hangs the game, and trying to load a save state from any point also hangs the game. As before, I don't own any other TG-16 CDs, so if someone could try it out with other games to see if it hangs whenever the CD music is accessed, it'd be helpful. The bug seems to have something to do with accessing the various tracks on the CD.

Hope this info helps.

Edit: clarification in spots.

Last edited by The Coop on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's related to the CD access routine or if it's just a specific incompatibility issue with some CD games, but I noticed some hard freezes in a couple of them.

I confirm about Dracula X. Sometimes, even pausing the intro (by clicking outside the window) and resuming it after the CD has parked leads to a lock-up.

In Tokimeki Memorial, playing after a certain amount of time (especially when an event comes up), the PCM accesses become very sluggish and the emu eats a huge amount of CPU resources (96%). It will eventually resume the game normally, but the process will repeat later.

In Mugen Senshi Valis, on the Game Over screen, let the short CD tune play until the end -- the emu freezes while pushing the CD speed to the max.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: