MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Magic Engine and CD games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaw970
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Magic Engine and CD games Reply with quote

Hi all,

I apologize if this question is covered somewhere. Please excuse me as I am a newbie to Magic Engine.

Question: When playing TG16 CD games on Magic Engine, do I have to use an original disc? I have a burned copy of a game that I made a long time ago but I can't seem to get the audio files to play during gameplay. The game is Beyond Shadowgate. Do the files need to be a specific format to play the audio files (mp3, wav, etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Magic Engine doesn't support ISO files, you'll have to burn your image on a CDR first. If you're trying to mount your image with something like Daemon Tools, chances are your audio tracks are in MP3/OGG format; you'll have to convert them to WAV and make sure the content of your cuesheet matches the names of your audio tracks.

But it's something beyond my scope, really. Some fine folks here know a lot more about making and restoring CD back-ups Smile
generalleoff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people still bother to do ISO+MP3 rips of TG16 games? I hope not....
jaw970
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Thank you Kaminari / Thank you not generalleoff Reply with quote

Thank you Kaminari for your quick response. I'll just have to find an original copy and use that. It's better that way.

generalleoff - Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Jason
KMFDManic
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic engine does in fact support iso files...you can easily use daemon tools or alcholsoft to mount JUST the iso of most games...or the cue that points to the iso+wavs of the game...

As for lack of sound, that is an analog issue...Be sure that the option for analog sound is enabled in the Daemon tools if that is what you are using...And, I would most recommend an earlier version, such as 3.33 for best results...
jaw970
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Thank you KMFDManic Reply with quote

THank you VERY much KMFDManic!

Magic ENgine is working perfect based on your suggestions and solutions. Yes, eventually I will move on to original CD's but for now I am using ISO-WAV to see if I like a game. If I do, I will definitely use the original version.

Thank you to all that helped (especially KMFDManic!)

Case resolved.

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: